Ottawa Custom Home Design, Drafting and House Planning
Masterplan Design is a residential design and drafting service established by John Badia providing unique and creative home design development and reliable permit application drawings in the City of Ottawa and surrounding regions. John is a graduate of the Architectural Technology Program at Algonquin College in 2001 and has been consulting with several home builders and individual homeowners for over 12 years perfecting his design abilities and skills, while acquiring the necessary design and construction knowledge through experience in dealing with industry professionals.
We provide our service to individual homeowners as well as to custom home builders and renovation contractors. We are dedicated to making each project a success, knowing that every project done well leads to success through referrals. We work closely with engineers and other professionals who provide other services such as septic system design & grading plans, structural review & approvals and land surveys.
One of Ottawa's Most Trusted Full Service Design, Drafting and Planning Firms
Our areas of expertise are creation of concept design drawings, property development proposals, and working drawings.
We provide conceptual and full working drawings for the following residential house types:
- Single detached (Bungalows and 2-Storys)
- Urban Townhomes (3-Storys in Height)
We also do additions and renovations as well.
Did you know that working drawings are required for:
- Obtaining a Building Permit from the City of Ottawa
- Estimating both the material quantities and construction costs
- Providing instructions to build as per the latest version of the Ontario Building Code
- Communicating with Tradespeople
- Planning for furniture size and placement
- Creating Floor Joist and Roof Truss layouts from the Building Supplier